Monday, October 27, 2008

Happy 6th Birthday Jacob!


Jacob's Birthday was a week ago today (October 20th). I can't believe my baby is 6!

We only have friend parties every other year so he had a small party with 6 people he loves. Jeff and I and his Grandpa and Grandma Clark and Isom celebrated with him by playing hide and go seek (kudos to Mom and Dad Clark and Isom for participating in hide and seek!)and Tic, Tac Toe. He also wanted to play musical chairs but we ended up not having enough time.

Jacob is a wonderful miracle that God sent to Jeff and I. We feel very fortunate to have him in our life. We know of many people with similar health problems that I have had (like Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome PCOS and Endometriosis), who have no children and long to have one. Our hearts go out to you as we were married almost 5 years before we had Jake. 6 years later, we are grateful for our miracle. He is the light of our lives!

Jake has been amazing this year. He had surgery in the end of January to fix his severly flat feet and in April he had eye muscle surgery to correct an eye disorder called "intermitten exotropia," He amazed us with his strength through adversity and cheefulness.

When I had to have another surgery in August, Jake told me that it wouldn't be too scary, that he would take care of me and that I would be ok. Out of the mouths of babes come some of our greatest most profound truths. We love you Jakey, you are our little sunshine boy!

6 comments:

Jessie said...

Happy Birthday, Jacob!

I must say, Linda, that your one little son is amazing! He's always so sweet and well behaved.

I, too, have PCOS, and see each of my children as little miracles.

Parkin Family said...

6 years---WOW ---Has it really been that long! He is so cute!

Williams Ski Team said...

Happy Birthday Jacob! Sounds like a tough kid to go through 2 surgeries in one year! I am glad you had a great 6th year celebration with him!

Linda said...

What a sweetheart! Happy Birthday Jake!

sbailey27 said...

Jacob is such a cutie! Happy Birthday!

Vayle said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAKE!! That picture is adorable!!