Saturday, August 14, 2010

Staycation No. 2: Snowbird Sky Resort

For those of you who don't know, I am a certified Mountain Mama.  I love the fresh air and the prestine magestic cliffs and gorgeous mountain lakes.  I love to smell the pines and get my feet sore walking on a trail.  I love the wildflowers and the rocky hills.  Don't get me wrong, I love the beach and the salt air.  But I would have to say I am the happiest when I am in the Mountians.  The perfect home for me would be where I could see the mountains and the beach at the same time.  Unfortunatly all those places are way out of our price range, but hey, a girl can dream.

I also feel closer to God.  Although I don't know where heaven is exactly, one cannot deny the artistry of our Creator as he has painted his canvas of the Rocky Mountain range.  Gazing toward the snow capped peaks and rugged rock formations, one can only drink in it's loveliness as it surrounds you.

Now back to the ranch ( I get a LITTLE carried away).  With our funds limited due to the adoption, we planned a couple of staycations locally so we at least did a few fun things in the summer with Jake.  This activity was probably my favorite.  Now onto the pictures!


Ready to Rock and Roll on the Trampolines

See what I mean?  Could you find a nicer spot for lunch???

If I can get the video to load, Jake taught himself how to do back flips while jumping. He LOVED it!

Heading up the tram.  I try to stay disracted so  I don't puke since I am so afraid of Heights.

Some of the gorgeous wildflowers at the top

Walking through the Peruvian Tunnel.  In the Winter the Skiers hook onto a Conveyor Belt that takes them literally through a mountain ridge.  Very cool!

More Pict's of the tunnel.

The Family at the top with the Albion Basin in the background

A look down into the Salt Lake Valley

Jake ready for his first solo Alpine Slide Ride.  NO FEAR!

He was so excited to go down a few times.

There  he goes!

We finished off the day at the Mayan in Murray and watched the Cliff Jumpers dive into the pool.  The food there is still just nasty.  The cliff diving must be the ONLY thing keeping it open.

Super FUN Day!  Yay for Staycations! Cross your fingers and maybe, just maybe, I will be able to upload some video.

1 comment:

Parkin Family said...

You should frame that family picture - Cute one!