Saturday, August 30, 2008

The Dueling Lawn Mowers





So last Saturday Jeff got up about 8:00 am to mow the lawn. Jeff usually mows in the evening but decided to get it over with so we could do other things. This summer Jacob has been "mowing" the lawn with Dad, stroke for stroke. This particular morning he was still asleep. I was enjoying a few minutes of solitude when I hear his door fly open and then hear him running down the hall towards my bedroom.
"He started without me," he shrieked!
My son who was sawing logs just a few minutes earlier had heard the lawnmower and jolted out of bed, quickly got dressed and headed to my room looking for his shoes. We quickly found his shoes and I headed outside with him. As I was helping Jake with his shoes he kept saying "I am dressed just like Daddy is." I didn't think much of the comment until I went outside to see that he was indeed dressed just like his Dad with a White Shirt, Red Hat, and Levi's. His Dad is his hero and very best friend. I hope he always feels that way!

2 comments:

Parkin Family said...

Ok - Too Cute! I love the matching outfits! That video clip is priceless.

Wight's said...

So cute. Linda I found your blog while out blog hopping. Hope you don't mind that I added you to mine-let me know. Hopefully he will still want to keep mowing when it is actually for real.