Sunday, December 27, 2009

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!! FREE Room gone awry on 12th wedding aniversary.


Best Western Landmark Inn in Park City

This still makes me so mad that I'll be as breif as possible to explain how we got kicked out of this second rate establishment.

We had a voucher for a FREE room. Between my rewards points and Jeff's points we even had enough for the free room in this Best Western in Park City. I set it all up with their reservations people on the phone, gave them my certificate number and such and thought I was ready to go.

Happily we drove for a one night getaway for our 12th wedding aniversary. When we got there, the front desk copied my rewards card and sent us on our way. About three hours later after we came back from dinner the guy at the front desk flagged me down before I went to our room while Jeff was parking the car.  The man at the desk told me I did not have enough points to stay at the hotel. After going back and forth with him assuring him I did, he told me he could give me a discounted rate for the night at $140.00 to which we told him we'd rather leave than have to pay for something that we as rewards members were entitled to recieve (Jeff had made his way into the hotel by then).

He then told us that he was going to charge us for half a nights stay for the three hours our stuff sat in the room. At that point Jeff told him that if he did so, we would reverse the charges. We asked to talk to the manager and he went to go get her. Five minutes later he came back with no manager and told us to leave.

I called the BW rewards card people and told them what was happening as we were gathering our things and leaving. They told me I most certainly did have enough points and did not know why they were giving us such crap about it. So they called the front desk and told them their error. By this time Jeff was so mad he could not stay in the hotel. So as we were leaving Jeff told them not to worry about fixing it and the guy at the front desk told him he was glad we were leaving because he was sick of dealing with us and the problem.

The BW rewards people were able to get us a really nice mini suite at the BW on 5th south in SL and so we went there for the night. Much nicer than the room we had in Park City and for less points. Happy Aniversary to us, eh!

No comments: