Friday, November 20, 2009

The Annual Fall Leaves Fest!!

Every year we have lived in this house (which is now more four and a half years) Jake and his next door neighbor and friend Max, spend a day or two playing and jumping in the leaves. Here are some of the pictures from the fun!


Sooo much fun!!

It's so fun to have so many kids Jacob's age within four square blocks!!  Here is what the yard looked like before we started raking the leaves:


Later that night, Jake, his Grandma Karen, and myself, went to a local production of The Nutcracker Ballet.

You think he loves this pretty lady or what??


This is Jake pointing at the stage.
 He had never been in a theater that big before (It held about 2000). 
The music started and Jake started waving his hand to the music totally enthralled with everything from the live orchestra to the dancers and the music.  I found myself beaming with pride as I watch my child getting a little culture.  The ballet progressed and I thoroughly enjoyed watching him enjoy himself.  Just when I thought he had caught the vision of the ballet, the fight scence began where the Nutcracker has the duel with the Rat King.  Jake leaned over to me and said; "Mom, the Nutcracker is kinda like Obi One Kenobi in Star Wars!!!!" My breif moment of cultured pride was jolted with the reality that you can't take the "Star Wars," out of the boy!!  We had a super fun night and hope to make it a holiday tradition!

No comments: