Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The 4th of July Weekend Spectacular

I have decided that Independance Day should be changed to Independence Weekend.  Since the 4th of July was on Sunday, their were festivities in our area from Friday through Monday.  We certainly did not miss out on the action ourselves.

Since Jeff's parents are on an LDS mission, we spent the weekend with friends and had a party at my brother Rich's on Sunday.  Since he has a 1/2 acre lot we had a blast playing Wiffle Ball and tossing the ball around.  We roated marshmellows in his firepit and had some fantastic burgers and dogs by Master Grill Ricardo (Rich).

Here are some picts of the events.

Chew'in the fat with the Fam.  The girl on the far right annouced she was pregnant after almost 7 years of marriage and it's a GIRL.
The Piest de la Resistance! My homemade pies.  Banana Cream and Key Lime.  Yummo!
I love making pies!  I love they are so festive!
The Jake man up to bat.  He hit a good one.

What I LOVED about this day was that everyone played wiffle ball.  My Mom and Dad even got in the action which was so much fun and all the grandkids loved it.  My parent's have never been the type to sit on the sidelines, they just jump right in and I am so glad for that example.

BEAD MIS-HAP......What a world!

I brought my beads over to make earings for my niece Maddie who had recently pierced her ears and the container with the beads gaveway and spilled all over the floor.  So just like a bratty brother, Rich took pictures instead of helped.  Some things never change.  I still love the big booger anyway.

More Partying on the 5th

On the 5th we went to the Layton City Parade, The Burger Stop for some grub, and The kid's carnival.  Parents were very worn out; kid's not so much.
  
 The Parade
Ricardo's Family (Minus Kate) at the Burger Stop
Little Rich on the Climbing Wall
Jake and Little Rich boxing eachother with the BIG gloves
Endless Slides
How could a Carnival be complete without Face Painting?


That night we were all but partied out.  We lit the rest of the Fireworks and went to bed early.

Glow Man
Me and Lis, I love that girl! Forget the word "in-law"  she's my sister period!
Sammy LOVES the toy Lawnmower
Pretty Maddy in her new earrings.

No comments: