Friday, September 3, 2010

Baby Shower for my one of my Besties




Love, love, love this girl!

If  you know one of my very good friends Amber Hill, you know she has had quite a year. She and her husband Gary were blessed with five sweet love girls. Last November 2009 their little Gracie who was just 15 months old, died after complications from an accident in their yard.

Words cannot describe the heartache that Jeff and I have felt for these two close friends of ours. Jeff has known Gary since high school, and I have been friends with Amber since college.

I have watched the spirit of the Lord comfort them, but this year has still been a very hard one for them. Thankfully, Amber does not have any problems getting pregnant. After five girls she is pregnant with their very first little boy. Thomas is due in a few weeks. Amber's ward members decided to throw her a surprise baby shower. Amber sister April, was kind enough to include me in the surprise.


What generous and lovely women these ladies are. They showered her with love and gifts and all things BOY. I imagine this is a very bittersweet time for their family. In some ways it is a blessing that they are having a boy so everything is different than when they had Gracie, and in other ways it is probably hard because it is so different.


What a gift we have with the knowledge of the plan of salvation. I've worked with many nonbelievers who have lost a loved one and I can tell you this; those who have the knowledge of being with their families in the eternities fair far better than those who do not have this knowledge. Here are a few pictures of the festivities:

Lots of cute boy clothes!

An overachiever made this adorable cookie.

Amber's cute sisters! Love them!

No comments: