Sunday, September 5, 2010

Fried Green Tomatoes and Fantastic Ribs from Chef Richard


Makes me hungry just looking at them!!! Yummo!



We've had a fun summer with my brother and his family living so close to us. I have never had anyone live just 3 miles from where we live. Not only is it great to have a go to family member in an emergency that's really close by, it's been fun to collaborate on dinners and other fun things.


Anyone who knows my brother Rich well knows that he is a masterful cook on the BBQ grill. The man could easily have his own restaurant. Over Labor Day weekend we collaborated and had ribs, fried green tomatoes and a few other scrumptious food selections to say goodbye to summer.


It has been a while since I've made some fried green tomatoes. Jeff spent two years in Alabama and has raved about how good they were. I did not have super, super green tomatoes, they were more of a greenish yellow tomato. Nonetheless, they turned out scrumptious and were fantastic with the delectable ribs which he grilled. And the best part was all CALORIE FREE! Lol! I wish!


A lot of people have commented to me that I am a good cook. I don't own that but I do seem to have a knack in the kitchen. My waistline is an indicator of this. So I'll use skinny mini girls who wish you could cook, beware. You will have a greater chance of remaining thin if you do not learn to be a better cook!

No comments: