Monday, May 31, 2010

IN LOVING MEMORY



Annually Jeff, Jacob and I make our annual pilgrimage to honor those who have gone before us and honor all the brave men and women who have died so this country can remain free. We missed last year, I can't remember why but we missed going for some reason. We travel around 100 miles roundtrip and travel as far south as Sandy, UT and as far north as Ogden, UT. We make a day of it and bring along sandwiches to eat in the car and talk about the memories we have of those passed on to Jake. Kind of a memorandum /genealogy lesson all wrapped into one long day. He was a good boy the majority of the day.
The Beautiful Salt Lake Cementary

The beautiful Murray / Sandy UT Mountains
Delroy and Elida Isom


Grandma & Grandpa Black's Grave


Jake finding a tree to climb and Grandma & Grandpa Black's Grave


 
The Gorgeous Ogden, UT Mountains

Minne & Dewey Fronk (my great-grandparents on my Mother's side)


The Marker for Cousin Austin Jones Grave (his burial was about 2 weeks ago)

Grandma Janice Jones and Uncle Scott Jones

Uncle Tom Jones
At the Leavitt's Altorest in Ogden where my Grandma and Grandma Clark are buried there was a beautiful tribute to fallen soldiers that was breathtaking as the sun started to set. I am so grateful to be in this free land and the freedom's we enjoy. I will do all I can to make sure these freedoms NEVER are taken away from us. Below are some pictures of the day.

Grandma and Grandpa Clark's Grave

May we NEVER Forget!

No comments: