Sunday, December 19, 2010

An Annual Isom Christmas Tradition "Hayrides in the Park".


We LOVE where we live! Love, love, love it!  When you are at my house you feel you are in a rural little town.  2 miles up the road you have pretty much all the shopping you ever want or need.  Our town has about 70 thousand people in it but where our neighborhood is situated, it still has that small town feel. I have the best of both worlds.  And we have great little hometown burger joints like the Burger Stop.
Every year the Burger Stop partners with Layton City and does a free hayride in Layton Commons Park. They encourage you to donate $2 dollars to charity as admission to the hayride.  This is perfect for little ones as it is not too long and takes about 15 minutes round trip.  I usually can get a good round of caroling going on the hayride, this year it feel completely FLAT!!!  I mean really, the lights, the hayride, all bundled up with red noses, snuggled in blankets, don't you just want to start humming Jingle Bells picturing it in your mind?? Que the music!

It was still fun and a tradition we will continue year after year. I love my little family and my life!  We are so blessed!

On the Hayride taking in the lights.

Don't you feel like singing???
The Burger Stop has the cutest Santa Claus, real beard and everything.


This fun little hometown favorite even has a jukebox.  They make fabulous shakes and their 4 cheese grilled cheese is one of my favorites.  Yay for the memories!  Hope your holiday season is going well too!

No comments: