Monday, November 29, 2010

A Tour Through our House

To say I go a little over the top on Christmas decorations would be an understatement. I deck out the kitchen, entryway, front room, family room and Jake even has a little tree in his room because he is after all, "Mr. Christmas."

So come on over!  You're about to get a free tour of the Jeff Isom Family's house at Christmas time!
One of the only benefits of being married around Christmas is you get lots of Christmas Decorations as gifts.

Here is the outside. You never know when there will be enough snow to get a good shot . So here is our cute little house.


If you look closely you not only can see the Christmas tree inside, but the glow from the Christmas Village that sits on top of the bookcase.




I always wanted a big porch to decorate with and it's been so fun to dress it up!


Here we are in the entryway. I decided to add some vinyl this year. Not sure if I will do that again.

Here is the ledge above the door.


The Christmas Village: The old church and Tinker's Toyshop
The Hotel, City Hall, & the Bridge & Sleigh
 Noble Taylor, Hoffman's Cigar House, Frozen Pond
 And the two homes. Christmas is not the same without a village. It makes Christmas magical for me.
The village sits on top of the bookcase because it is all ceramic and porcelain, it kind of looks like a mountain village to me. 


My favorite Nativity. Joseph lost his hand a few Christmas's back, but it gets glued back on every year. It's become a tradition!


The traditional Nativity

The Jolly Old Elf Himself
I love my Christmas Plates in my Kitchen!!
This is above the hutch in the kitchen.

This is above the cabinets.
The basement family room tree: This tree I let Jake put all the ornaments he makes at school and all the ornaments Jeff had when he had when he was a little boy.

This saying goes on each tree.
Basement Bookcase

And last but not least, the Precious Moments Nativity for kids. Every year I put the baby Jesus in the manger and every year Jacob says, "Hey Mom Jesus does not go there, he wants his Mommy to hold him." And then he moves Jesus so that he is in Mary's arms.  Out of the mouths of babes!! I sure love that boy!


I hope this tour through our home will make you feel just a little more in the Christmas mood and a window into our  happy world.  Happy Holidays!